I hope this is not a sign of what she will be like in about 15 years...talking on the cell phone, foot on the dash while driving!
Landen doesn't like to get dressed, but he did put his shoes on [the wrong feet] himself!!!
I found some plastic beads in my Halloween decorations and decided to get them out for the kids to play with...Landen was having fun dancing around the living room with them on!
Adellyn was pretty serious as she stacked the cow and horse on the tractor.Not a lot has happened in the last couple of weeks. I don't think I mentioned in my last post that I am tutoring/teaching Algebra to three girls whose family home schools. They were struggling with it and decided to contact me to help, so I go to their house twice a week. The youngest girl keeps an eye on Landen and Adellyn while I work with the older girls. I am enjoying it and it is a good opportunity to keep myself "in practice" for when I decide to go back to teaching. The kids have had colds this past week (I'm guessing because we have been going somewhere different more often than they are used to). Just runny/stuffy noses and coughing. I have been keeping a close eye on their temperatures because H1N1 has been going around in Arapahoe. I took Adellyn to the doctor this past Friday for her one year well child check-up (even though she was still a little sick). She weighs 20lbs (40th percentile) and is 29 1/4 in long (50th percentile). The doctor listened to her chest and Landen's chest and said their lungs sounded clear, so that was good news as far as them being sick was concerned. They are better this week, but not over it yet. Adellyn is making some progress in walking. She is getting more balanced and even tries to carry things now. (although, she isn't really walking well enough to try to carry anything)
In other news, Elliot shot a deer this year. We like deer jerky, so it only made sense to help thin out the deer population! He got a bonus permit, which means he can get two deer for the price of one. He is going to get a second deer in January when the rifle season reopens for two weeks.
That's all for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment