Monday, December 1, 2008

Adjusting to life with 2 kids!

Click here to see pictures.

We have been home for a little over two weeks, I am getting around better and Adellyn is learning how to put up with her big brother. Landen sometimes loves his sister a little too much. He gives her toys, blankets, food and even my shoes! Sometimes these things land on her head, so we seem to yell at Landen a lot. I don't think he is trying to hurt her, he just doesn't understand that she is too little to play with him. Last night we caught him trying to sit in her papasan seat while she was in it. Lately, Landen has been pretty stingy with his kisses, but he will almost always give Adellyn a kiss when we ask, and even when we don't ask. It is so cute to see him try to cuddle up to her, but he usually bonks her head with his in the process and makes her cry, then he kisses her to make it better. She is going to be tough growing up with him!

Adellyn is a typical newborn...eat, sleep, poop. Of course, she sleeps more during the day and is awake more at night, but she is getting better. I was pretty spoiled with Landen because he slept through the night at 6 days old! It also seems like as soon as I put a clean diaper on her, she has a wet fart, and because of that she has a diaper rash that just won't go away. On the plus side, she nurses really well and I did not get sores like I did with Landen. She has really filled out since she was born and she is going to outgrow the newborn diapers soon. She is growing a lot faster than Landen did at that age. We went to the doctor last week for her first well baby check-up. She is up to 8lbs 2oz and 20.25in. long. She had her first shopping experience and we broke her in hard core by shopping on "Black Friday." Unfortunately, I think she got a little too much cold air in her face and she has been a little more fussy the last couple of days. We did make shopping a little easier on us by leaving Landen with my parents. He just stayed the night on Thursday and we picked him up Friday night.

We have been considering starting Landen on potty training. I was going to wait until after Christmas at the earliest, but he has be showing signs that he might be ready. In the last couple of weeks he runs somewhere in the house and pees right after his bath. He has peed in his closet, on the floor on my side of the bed, on the living room floor and who knows where else. We are not going to push anything, we are just going to see what he does if we put him on the toilet after his bath. (We don't even have a potty chair yet.) Some other funny things Landen does...he likes to smell candles, he pushes every button that he can find including starting the dishwasher. He also likes to hide in closets and shut the door, he pulls and pushes doors shut. Sometimes he shuts himself in a room and then knocks on the door as a game. He is getting better about playing with his toys by himself. He has this plastic dump truck that he likes to push around. He has also started to get the hang of building with his blocks.

Well, that's all for now. I will try to be sure to get at least one more update before Christmas.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know that I enjoy checking in on the Hoefs from time to time. Looks like a fun family to be a part of!

Sharon Bohling