Monday, June 16, 2008

Happy Birthday!



Landen is tying to make Grandpa's tongue work. That is where you twist your ear and stick out your tongue. We have been trying to teach Landen, but he is not coordinated enough yet.









Landen really likes his new peddle car that Elliot's friend Sean built for him.









One year picture on the couch. (Look back to my first post to see how little he was)








Landen was helping Daddy and Grandpa with some beer and wine stuff.







Landen likes to feed Grandma Becker, so he had to share his birthday cake.







I was trying to keep Landen from grabbing the candle. He ended up getting it anyways, but it didn't burn him, it just hurt for a little while.






He wouldn't even touch his cake until we got him a fork. I was hoping he would dig in. He did finally eat a couple bites and got pretty dirty after playing for a while.







This was a good shot of Landen walking with a tractor in his hand.







Sitting on uncle Wendall's motorcycle.









This is at the outdoor class room a few blocks from our house.











Enjoying the new swing.








Well, I am enjoying the nice weather so much that I have been neglecting to keep this blog up to date. The bad thing about going so long between posts is that I can't really remember everything that has happened. Well, here we go. Saturday, May 24, we spent the day shopping in Grand Island. The drive was more fascinating than usual because it was shortly after all of the rain and flooding in this part of the state. The next Saturday my Mom, Landen and I went to Kearney to visit my Grandma in the hospital. She had surgery to fix her stomach which was folded over itself from her hiatal hernia. She is doing much better now. Landen and I spent most of the following Friday down in Norton with my Grandma. Then we went to my parents house that night for a going away party for a friend. Saturday Landen and I went to Wilsonville for the parade and rodeo. On Sunday we stayed home to recover from the long days that we had. My best friend from high school, who lives in Florida, came to visit us that afternoon. She and her husband were looking at houses because they are thinking about moving back to this area. Monday I took Landen to the pool for the first time. He LOVED it. We went a couple more times over the week. Tuesday we went up to Elwood for 1 year pictures. Wednesday Elliot and I went out for supper to celebrate our anniversary (yes, Landen's birthday is the same day as our anniversary). Thursday we went to the doctor. Landen weighs 20 lbs 8.5 oz and is 29 in. long at 1 year old. I also had my monthly check up and the baby is doing fine and the doctor said the size is right on track. (In case you are wondering, I am 17 weeks pregnant now and I have been feeling great!) This past weekend we celebrated Landen's birthday and Father's Day. Landen got a lot of good stuff for his birthday including a swing set from us, a wagon from Grandma and Grandpa Becker and more John Deere toys and clothes as well as other toys, clothes and books. We were going to go to the lake on Sunday, but it was too windy. I hope next weekend is nicer. We have to go back to Norton on Thursday for shots. This is going to be a big round of shots, so I am not looking forward to it.

In other news; Landen is walking pretty much full time now. He spends most of the day pacing around the house just practicing. He likes to stop and pick up toys or his blanky and carry them around. He says "up" when he wants to be picked up. He says "uh uh uh ooooh" when he throws something off of his highchair. He started saying "horsey" one day. It sounds more like "see" sometimes, but he points to his horse jack-in-the-box when he says it, so I am sure that is what he is saying. I reinforce the word "horsey" so that he will keep saying it. Sometimes I can get him to sign "thank you," but it also looks like blowing kisses, so I think he gets confused and won't do it at all. When he wants to play with his pin wheel, he points at it and blows, but for some reason he won't blow on it when I give it to him. I've been working on getting him to eat chunkier foods. He is slowly doing better, but he still won't eat chunks of fruit, strange kid.

No comments: