Friday, February 15, 2008

8 months old!









Landen turned eight months old on Monday. I mentioned last week that he has been waking up one or two times in the night wanting to nurse, well he is still waking up and I am still not sure why. We are still thinking growth spurt, but last night I got the impression that something else is going on. I heard him whining/crying over the monitor, but it wasn't constant, it was more like short bursts. After a while, I got up to check on him, and he was sound asleep, so I came to the conclusion that he is dreaming and just crying in his sleep. I hope this doesn't last too much longer, because he is also not sleeping much during the day. Another thing that he has started doing even more now is standing in his crib. If he is not sleepy, he stands up and "yells" until I come pick him up. The last couple of days he has has a runny nose and a little cough, so this is not help the sleeping situation. On Friday last week, my Grandma came up to visit since she wasn't home when we went to Norton on Thursday. We had fun that day and Landen was happy to see her (he doesn't look thrilled in the picture above, but this was a rare moment that he was totally relaxed and content to just sit there). We also finally got some baby gates this week (see pictures above). I got tired of chasing Landen in the kitchen and pulling him away from something that I didn't want him to get into. We put another gate around the doorway to keep Landen away from the front door. The gate was much easier than trying to keep that area clean, especially on muddy days. That's all for this week.
Happy Valentines Day!

No comments: