Tuesday, January 15, 2008

7 months







Landen turned seven months old on Friday. I took him to the doctor for his 7 month check up on Thursday. He weighs 17# 8oz, and is 27 1/4 in tall. He didn't gain and weight but he grew a half inch. Thursday after we were at the doctor, he started getting crabby. I thought it was just because he missed his nap. I had to cut my visit with my grandma short because his was not happy. When we got home, we both laid down for a nap (I had an upset stomach from lunch). When Landen woke up, he had a temp of 100.9. I expected to be up with him throughout the night, but he slept all night. Friday and Saturday he was fine. Sunday Landen and I both came down with a cold... stuffy nose, sneezing, coughing. Sunday night I heard Landen coughing during the night, but I didn't have to get up with him. Last night was a different story. He was in bed for an hour, then woke up coughing and congested. Elliot tried rocking him back to sleep, but he just wouldn't relax, so I had to get up to help. I had to call the hospital for advice because I had already tried everything (cold/cough medicine, vaporizer with vicks, one end of the mattress raised, vicks baby rub on chest back and feet). They told me to sit with him in the bathroom with the shower running to loosen the mucus in his sinuses. Then bundle him up and take him outside for a short time to stop the coughing. After trying those tricks and more medicine at 2:40 am, I finally got him to nurse to sleep. I continued to hold him until 4:00 am because the other times I tried to lay him down, he started crying. He finally stayed asleep until 8:30. Today, he was still crawling all over, so he felt better. He even took a 3 hour nap this afternoon. He seemed a little plugged up when I put him to bed tonight, hopefully he sleeps better. (I need the rest!)
Pictures:
1 - 7 month pic in the same spot on the couch that I take every month to show how big he is getting. I get him to smile like that by squeaking his rubber duck. If you got our Christmas card, that is what we used to get that grin.
2 - Landen crawled in the kitchen and was reaching for a butter dish on the bottom shelf. I had to clear that shelf because it was impossible to try to keep him out of it. Now I just put toys there to entertain him while I am in the kitchen.
3 - Landen LOVES the TV remote. He will dive out of our arms to get it. I try to distract him with toys, but he would rather have the remote.

No comments: